navmenu

about where sponsoring

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Film Still / Review Wednesday

The other night, I finally watched A Very Long Engagement. I love Audrey Tautou, and especially love the director, Jean-Pierre Jeunet. The film is in French, and it really surprised me that Jodie Foster is in it - and she speaks fluent French! It threw me for a loop, for sure. The film "tells the story of a young woman's relentless search for her fiancé, who has disappeared from the trenches of the Somme during World War One". She hears that her fiance is dead, but of course doesn't believe the reports. So she starts at the beginning, and traces the facts and eventually finds out one way or another. I love the cinematography, but to me the story kind of drug on for a while. If you like French movies, and pretty things, then I would recommend this movie. It was beautiful.

Here are some film stills:
















1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this movie. One of my all time favorite movies ever. It is so funny that you should post this because just yesterday I was saying I should just buy it. So amazing.

    ReplyDelete