navmenu

about where sponsoring

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Wordless-ish Wednesday


This piece of paper probably means more to me than any other object in our entire house. This page, from a 1920's book on marriage, was part of the centerpiece on our table at our wedding. (I know because I read it before the fire) This page is literally the only thing that survived the fire, and it was fluttering in our yard when we first saw what was left of our home.

Direct from the page: "Patience, simply put, is the spirit to endure bitterness, without complaint, in whatever things you endure in life."

Exactly what I needed to hear.

2 comments:

  1. That is beautiful, and now it has even more meaning to begin with. I love things like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. That is so amazingly poetic. It's too surreal actually.

    ReplyDelete