navmenu

about where sponsoring

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Book review - Flight From Berlin


Flight From Berlin by David John

I received an e-book copy of this book a few weeks ago from the publisher, Harper Collins. 
Here's the synopsis: "A cynical English reporter and a beautiful, headstrong, American Olympic hopeful are caught in a lethal game of international espionage during the 1936 Berlin Olympics."

I chose this book in particular because I love historical fiction - it also has romance, some spies, and drama. This book takes place during the 1936 Olympics in Berlin. Eleanor Holm, one of the main characters, was a winner of the Gold in the 1932 Olympics. I love that this book ties in real events and real people with fiction. It's a pretty big read at 384 pages, but it reads easily. Hitler makes a few appearances throughout the novel - and towards the end it gets pretty shocking. 

I loved this book. It will be released in July of this year. If you like historical fiction, I definitely recommend this one!


Vote For Us @ TopBabyBlogs.Com - A Top Baby Blog List By topbabyblogs.com

No comments:

Post a Comment