navmenu

about where sponsoring

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Goodbye, October. Hello, November!

November?! Already?! This means Arlo is one month old today - and that is nuts. Today is also Rusty's first day back at work. He took off more than a whole month of work so he could spend time with us, and I am so thankful for that precious time because we'll never get those first days with Arlo back. We got to experience our first Holiday together (if you count Halloween as a Holiday - we do, ha!) and it included a trip to the Doctor's office for a check-up for Arlo. No trick or treating, though. Other than getting to know our Arlo and spending our first month as a family, we haven't been up to much.. 

Books I read this month:
Sarah's Key by Tatiana de Rosnay was the first book I picked up when Arlo was two weeks old. I have a lot of down-time while nursing, so reading this book only took a few days. It takes place in Paris during WWII and then later in present-day. It's one of those novels that switches back and forth between past and present, and gosh, I love those. Parts were heartbreaking and I admit I cried a few times (that may or may not still be because of crazy hormones).
Rusty started reading A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini when I started Sarah's Key - and he had to stop because it was sad. So, me being so curious, I had to read it. And yes. It was sad. So so so sad.  Everything keeps happening right after one another, and I thought my heart wouldn't ever catch a break. But it did. Khaled is one of my favorite authors now, for sure.
My Goodreads account is here.

New {to me} movies:
After reading Sarah's Key, I of course had to watch the movie. (available on Netflix instant!) The movie followed pretty closely to the book, but even if you haven't read the book, it was still a great movie all on it's own. Scream was a movie I had gone my entire childhood without seeing.. so when we saw it on of the movie channels, we decided to record it. I really enjoyed it, especially when Rusty told me to watch it as if it were a comedy - since it's the original parody film, really. Rusty read Let the Right One In this month, and we watched the English version of the movie last night, Let Me In. I watched the Swedish version when it came out, so I was interested to see the parallels in the two films. The English version actually wasn't as bad as I was anticipating, though Rusty did say there were a lot of different things between the book and the movie. 


66512_163807430428798_247261037_n_large

November will include our first real Holiday as a family, and I am so excited! Thanksgiving is one of my favorite times of the year, and I can't wait to introduce Arlo to even more family members. A few other goals for this month include getting even more items in The Violet Room, staying on top of all the laundry in this house (baby poo is no joke!), and continue getting to know this precious little guy of mine.


Vote For Us @ TopBabyBlogs.Com - A Top Baby Blog List By topbabyblogs.com

2 comments:

  1. Oh goodness, a whole month! One month ago today he was still in there! So crazy! I am just SO excited for Sarah's Key! =]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!! Ahhhhh! We have about 3 hours until he's *really* a month old, but still. So crazy.

      I can't wait for you to read it! Keep tissues handy.

      Delete