navmenu

about where sponsoring

Thursday, March 7, 2013

I neeeed a dolla, dolla, a dolla is what I need. Hey, hey

A few days ago, I dropped my phone. And it broke. I could still answer calls by guessing where the answer button was on the screen, but other than that - I couldn't do anything else with it. Within an hour of it happening, I felt like I was going to go crazy without it. After the first hour passed, I felt less crazy. Then I began thinking - why do I rely on it so much? My phone camera was awesome to have because it let me capture photos and videos of Arlo when I couldn't get to my DSLR quick enough. But since I wasn't able to use said phone camera for four days, I dusted off my DSLR and used it more than I have in months. Which is sad. I got my replacement phone in the mail today, and while I was thrilled beyond relief, I've made a promise to use my real camera more often. Another plus? My contacts weren't saved to my SIM card so I lost the numbers I've had for the past 6-7 years. Which isn't a bad thing. I had numbers of people I no longer speak with filed away because I have a hard time of letting people go. And now they're gone. 

This was my first time wearing something not boobie friendly since Arlo's been born. I've been trying to make it a point to not limit myself in regards to what I wear. Dress is from Target (March '10), Cardigan from Rue21, Tights were on clearance at Target (I guess because it's not fall anymore?), and shoes are from Forever21. The laundry basket is Ena's bed. She always sleeps in our clean baskets, so about a year ago we just made her her own basket with blankets in it. She never sleeps anywhere else. The white tub in the background is full of 12+ month clothing for Arlo. We need them sooner than I expected.

Screen of doom.

I got this New Mom Gift Set a few days ago. I ordered it just in time because another tooth cut through today!

This was post-poo explosion. Every time we've been to Target, Arlo has had a blowout. I think he loves the place.


I lied. Sometimes Ena sleeps in our bed.

I'm awesome at mirror self portraits.

  
This is Rusty's great great grandparents, Fred and Clara. 

I finally got my dress form!
The four days without my phone look slightly less boring now.

2 comments:

  1. I love the dress!
    It's funny how reliant we all are on our phones. I have a Tracfone so rarely even use my phone any ways but I still feel that twinge of panic when I realize I've forgotten/lost it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      I love the idea of Tracfones! I think we may look into them a bit more because I still really feel ridiculous about it all.

      Delete