navmenu

about where sponsoring

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Travel // Hot Springs, Arkansas

This trip was taken in December 2008. Rusty and I had been together for two years and we had never been to Arkansas before! We started the trip off with traveling to my mom's to have Christmas. We left the next morning and I loved the drive. I loved Hot Springs. Downtown was beautiful, and I love any city where walking around is involved. I feel like I can see more of the town that way, even if you cover a smaller area than you could with a car. It rained almost every day we were there, but I love the rain so it was no problem for us. I always think it's kinda funny looking back on old photos - in these photos, Rusty was the age that I am now and I was a senior in high school. What the what?

Christmas! What did I ask for?

Yep. A gas mask. But wait! It gets weirder..

Yep. 

Isn't it gorgeous? I loved the weather the whole time we were there.

Quick! Everyone make a weird face!

 I love all the trees. The water was nice, too.

So pretty. 

Here we are in an old fashioned diner. It was located on the second floor of a store front. It was kind of hidden and one of the reasons we decided to eat there. There was so much to look at! 

Rusty will kill me for uploading this one. But look at all the things!

Here we are in the stair well -- the restaurant door was up there on the right

The building on the left there is the old bath house -- and it was still operating! We popped in for a minute and they had a really cute set up that had vintage swim suits and accessories. It was very warm in there.


Here we are at the Mountain Tower.
I do not like heights. It doesn't look very high up in this photo, but I assure you it was.

Here we are on the top! Very windy, but beautiful beautiful beautiful. 

Here's the view. I love how you can see all the steam from the springs!

This is one of my favorite photos of the two of us EVER. Rusty looks like a scientist studying some rock and I am kneeling down so I don't have to jump off a rock that's a foot off the ground. 

We did some crystal mining while here, of course. 

It was a fun experience, but I don't think I would do it again. 

I don't think I was mad? But look at those treeeees!

Ha.



I fell in love with all of the buildings here. So much character and charm.

Here's another view of the Mountain Tower on an even foggier day. It was 0% visibility at the top.







I do not know what is happening in this.


This is where they filmed Wrong Turn.
(just kidding)


This was a little path that had several hot springs along it. They smelled sort of bad, but was pretty.

This photo would've been better without the flash ;)

Top of the mountain tower


YAY WATER





All in all, Arkansas is not what I thought it would be. I had this preconceived notion that it was all hillbillies and I was always making up escape plans in my head if I were to get kidnapped. The people were very nice, especially down town and in the bath house. I'd love to go back and spend some more time exploring. The trees and path ways they had were endless and I'd love to get lost in them. Maybe some day!


2 comments:

  1. My favorite picture is the towels on the heads! Too funny :) Y'all were so cute and still are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This just makes me want to travel! I haven't left the state in 2 years - unacceptable!

    ReplyDelete